KDF85 Media removes or reduces iron and hydgogen sulfide from water supplies. Also controls scale bacteria and algae.
The KDF85 removal/reductions filter contains a combination of KDF85 media and activated coconut shell carbon (GAC).
KDF 85 effectively reduces dissolve iron and hydrogen sulfide odor. Protecting your plumbing system including toilets, bath tubs,
showers and appliances such as clothes washer and dishwashers from unsightly staining and odor. GAC activated carbon removes
organic contaminants substantially improve water clarify, taste and odor. It does not add any harmful chemicals to water, making it safte
drinking water applications.
- Big Blue Water Filter Housing with 1" Pipe Connection and pressure release button.
- 20" x 4.5" Filter Cartridge with KDF85/Coconut Shell Carbon GAC.
- Single Mouting Bracket & 4 Screws
- Big Blue Water Filter Wrench
- This system should be used where low to moderate ferrous (dissolved) iron or hydrogen sulfide contamination is known. This filter is most effective where iron and hydrogen sulfide levels are less then 5 ppm. Best removal rates are achieved where pH is between 6.5 and 8.5 and where water contains some dissolved oxygen. The life of filter depends on the contamination levels and amount of water consumed daily. The normal filter life for typical non commercial application is about 20,0000 gallons.