A - SCALESTOP WATER CONDITIONER 15 GPM UPFLOW VALVE
B - 2.5 CU FT CATALYTIC CARBON FILTER MANUAL BACKWASH VALVE WHOLE HOUSE SYSTEM.
A: Scale Prevention System (TAC Technology)
- NO lime scale build-up on pipes, fixtures or appliances and can even remove existing scale in some cases!
- Easy Installation, Two Connections, Simple pipe in /pipe out!
- Saves water no backwash required simple flow through to point of use!
- NO power required NO timer or backwash cycle!
- NO chemicals or salt required!
- NO maintenance! NO drain required!
- Will not harm the environment; adds or removes nothing from the water while giving the benefits of soft water!
- Saves energy by eliminating the need to heat through insulating scale and save money by extending the life of pipes and appliances!
- The essential calcium and magnesium nutrients removed by traditional water softeners remain and there is no sodium added as with traditional softeners to aggravate cardiovascular or other health problems.
- 50% less soap and detergents required and enjoy whiter whites and brighter colors without hard water stains!
- Fits in limited space one small tank no brine tanks or large regeneration tanks!
How It Works
- Calcium ions, magnesium ions and bicarbonate ions in untreated water form scale on the inside walls of pipe, exterior of fixtures and on heating surfaces because crystallization is not taking effect efficiently between the ions due to their suspension between water molecules and the need to come together in the proper alignment to form crystals. Therefore they form as scale on the surfaces of the water system.
- The system is a simple “physical water treatment” known as TAC (Template Assisted Crystallization) Template=mold, guide or pattern. Assisted=Help or make easy. Crystallization=Form a definite shape.
- Inside the TAC treatment tank are porcelain beads with the atomic level pattern of the crystal etched on their surface allowing for the calcium, magnesium and bicarbonate ions to come together on the template to created millions of microscopic crystals of scale that rapidly form and are released from the bead immediately into the treated water, not forming on the contact surfaces of the water system and are carried downstream in suspension through the water system.
- The crystal formation on the microscopic crystals (seed crystals) created on the beads and released in the water stream are the lowest energy reaction possible between the ions therefore existing scale will be dissolved back into the water stream by reacting with and forming crystals.
- The seed crystals are constantly being formed on the beads and released as catalyst for crystal growth in the water steam.
- Crystallization is the process that the “magnet process” and “electrical charging of water” claim to achieve. But by independent testing the electrical and magnetic methods are a maximum of 60% effective at scale prevention leaving an unacceptable level of 40% scaling. The TAC method is tested at 99.9% efficient at scale prevention and removal.
Water Chemistry & Limitations
pH 6.5 to 8.5
Hardness Max 75 Grains (1300 ppm CaCO3)
Temperature 41 to 140 F (5-60 C)
Chlorine <3 ppm
Iron 0.3 mg/l
Manganese 0.05 mg/l
Copper 1.3 mg/l
Oil & H2S Remove prior to Scalestop
Polyphosphates Remove prior to Scalestop
FILTERSORB SP3 -SCALESTOP MEDIA
MINERAL TANK (Color Varies) 948
BY PASS VALVE
ADAPTERS 1" Pipe Connection
Whole House 1354 Catalytic Carbon 2.5 Cu Ft
Manual Backwash valve 1" Pipe Connection
Carbon is a substance that has a long history of being used to absorb impurities and is perhaps the most powerful absorbent known to man. One pound of carbon contains a surface area of roughly 125 acres and can absorb literally thousands of different chemicals. Activated carbon which has a slight electro-positive charge added to it, making it even more attractive to chemicals and impurities.
In general, basic activated carbon itself has some catalytic activity due to the presence of a small number of chemical functionalities present on the corners of its graphitic basal plane. To enhance the catalytic activity of carbon, the surface is modified by a chemical process in which the electronic structure of the carbon is altered in such a manner that the resulting carbon offers enhanced catalytic capability.
As a result, the catalytic carbon produced by this method is not only rich in chemisorption, but also physisorption capacity.
Measuring Catalytic Activity
The catalytic activity of carbon may be measured by the rate at which a carbon decomposes hydrogen peroxide. In general, the peroxide number is represented in terms of the time, in minutes, required to decompose a fixed amount of peroxide. The peroxide number also can be represented in terms of capacity to decompose peroxide in a fixed time.
It is important to measure how fast the peroxide decomposition occurs. For comparison purposes, 1 gram of regular coconut shell-based activated carbon powder (100x325 mesh) shows approximately 20% capacity to decompose peroxide (from 30,000 ppm influent concentration), compared to more than 95% by corresponding catalytic carbon under an identical contact time of 10 minutes. Furthermore, it can be seen in Table 1 that the peroxide decomposition capacity increases significantly as the carbon particle size is decreased.
For comparing the chloramine reduction capacity of GAC, a column adsorption test method was used, wherein 10 grams of carbon were packed and an input of 3-ppm chloramine solution was passed through the column at a constant flow rate of 50 cu cm per minute.
Breakthrough for standard GAC was observed within 10 minutes, whereas the breakthrough for the catalytic carbon occured at 50 minutes. This increase in the chloramine reduction capacity is in line with the increase in the peroxide decomposition capacity from less than 5% to more than 50%.
Powder activated carbon, both standard and catalytic, were used to make standard 10-in. blocks for the comparison of chloramine reduction capacity. Like the column performance data, the performance of catalytic carbon block was superior to standard carbon block. The chloramine reduction capacity of the catalytic carbon block increased in proportion to the peroxide decomposition of the corresponding carbon.
Benefits and Importance of a Upflow System:
CATALYTIC CARBON 2.5 Cu Ft
MFV-1 Manual Backwash Valve 1" Pipe Connection
MINERAL TANK (Tank color varies) 1354
Distributor Tube Assy with Baskets