Whole House Water Softener System, Fleck 5600SXT Digital Meter Valve 64K 2.0 cu ft
• Reduces hardness in the water, and eliminates iron stain, scale, spot build up for the entire home.
• Rated to treat 64,000 Grains of Hardness by removing skin damaging hard minerals like iron and magnesium that clog up the skin pore and cause irritation.
• Premium grade fine mesh resin help treat up to 10 ppm of ferrous dissolved Iron to lessen or remove iron stain buildup around shower and sink fixtures.
• Fleck 5600SXT Digital On-Demand Meter Control Head that calculates the amount of water it treated and backwash as needed. Saving hundreds of gallons of water and lessen the need for salt replenishment.
• Featured, time delayed, metered and manual double backwash for optimum regeneration, cleaning, and performance.
• Water Softener is constructed of High strength corrosion resistant fiberglass lined polyethylene tank, durable bypass valve, and premium iron buster grade resin.
• Fine mesh resin permits greater exposed surface area exchange sites resulting in higher kinetics than conventional resin yielding greater ferrous iron removal while providing the same softening capability.
Water Softener is an Ion Exchanger
Hard Water with a high calcium/magnesium content enters the softener through the "in" port indicated by the green arrow. It passes through the control valve and in to the tank where it goes from top to bottom through a specially prepared resin that "softens" it, the resin consists of specially manufactured beads that have been saturated with sodium ions. Softening occurs as the hardness minerals in the water attach themselves to the resin and are "exchanged" for sodium. The softened water then enters the long center tube called a riser, via the strainer basket at the bottom of the tank and passes upward through the riser. Then water exits the softener via the control valve (Blue Arrow) and is sent to the desired location. When the resin becomes saturated by hardness minerals, the softener automatically goes into regeneration. The re-generation process is initiated by a time or a meter depending on the type of softener. By this process the hardness minerals are washed down the drain and resin bed is rinsed, re-settled and re-charged with sodium, it is now ready again to soften your water. The re-generation process is accomplished by passing very salty water from the brine tank through the resin. The brine tank must remain filled with softener salt at all times so that it can re-generate the softening resin.
Fleck 5600SXT digital metered softener
Features & Benefits:
• Simple to install - Simple to set – simple to operate
• Just one (1) internal moving part in the water stream
• Engineered with double backwash
• Utilizes compact turbine-electronic meter
• Solid-state computer control offers four modes of operation: (1) immediate meter regeneration, (2) delayed meter regeneration,(3) delayed time clock regeneration or (4) day of week regeneration
• Built-in capacitor keeps memory up to 48 hours and programming will not be lost if power is lost
• Adjustable cycle times are available in programming section
• Display shows time of day and gallons of soft water remaining
• 5-year valve warranty/10-year tank warranty
• Premium high-efficiency softening resin
• Brine tank with salt grid and safety float system
• Bypass Valve 1" SS-304
KDF 85 Media Guard
KDF 85 MediaGuard
KDF 85 Medium Removes or reduces iron and hydrogen sulfide from municipal or other water supplies. Also controls scale, bacteria and algae. KDF 55 & KDF 85 process media can remove up to 99% of water soluble lead, mercury, nickel, chromium, chlorine and Hydrogen Sulfide and other dissolved metals
Redox media alloys function as catalysts to change soluble ferrous cations (positively-charged ions) into insoluble ferric hydroxide, which can be removed with regular backwashing. With enough oxygen dissolved in the water, iron removal rates of 98 percent or better are common.
You may not even realize that KDF® process media are working for you. KDF media is the core product of many filtration systems, and can be used in conjunction with other products to provide superior purification.
Patented KDF process media consist of high-purity copper-zinc formulations. These substances exchange electrons or bond with chlorine and other metals contained in the water to create harmless substances.
Through this basic chemical process known as redox (oxidation/reduction), KDF process media work behind the scenes to rid your water of chlorine, lead, mercury, iron and hydrogen sulfide. The redox reaction also inhibits the growth of bacteria, algae, and fungi. As an added benefit, KDF media reduce lime scale, mold, and fungi in your tub or shower.
KDF process media are completely safe. KDF media meet EPA and Food and Drug Administration standards for levels of zinc and copper in potable water, so the process is not toxic and does not cause any adverse side effects. KDF media are certified by the NSF Standard 61 and Standard 42 — Your assurance that they meet public safety standards.
KDF media are environmentally sound and 100 percent recyclable, but refer to the instructions enclosed with your filter or system for proper disposal, as different manufacturers combine KDF process media with other filtration technologies.
Includes: FRP Tank, Brine Tank,Fleck 5600SXT Valve, Stainless Steel Bypass Valve, Mineral Tanks are shipped out preloaded.