- Extremely efficient - 5 seconds contact time regardless of hardness level. Conventional Ion Exchange resin requires 90 seconds.
- No salt or other regentrants required.
- No water waste from backwashing.
- No brine discharge. Can be used in areas where conventional water softeners are banned.
- Long lasting media-not consumed by the reactions.
- Unique "Template Assisted Crystallization" (TAC) technology induces the formation of microscopic calcium crystals which effectively isolate hardness from the water chemistry.
- No control valve or electricity required.
- Media can be used in both conventional mineral tanks or POU cartridge form.
- Media operates in up flow condition.
Filtersorb SP3 Scale Stop has proven itself in a variety of applications as an alternative to ion exchange softening or other conventional water treatment methods. The maintenance-free characteristics make it especially suited for Foodservice and Commercial applications where equipment maintenance is often overlooked. Scale Stop is a great alternative for residential use, especially in areas with brine discharge restrictions or where brackish water makes it impossible to operate a conventional softener.
- Coffee & Tea Brewers
- Espresso Machines
- Steamers & Proofers
- Car Washes
- Evaporative Coolers (single-pass)
- Hotels, Hospitals, Apartments
- Laundry - reduced soap usage, cleaner clothes.
- Dishwasher - reduced soap usage, less spotting, no scale formation.
- Water Heater - complete protection from scale.
- Drinking water - beneficial minerals are retained, no sodium or other chemicals added to water.