“In/Out” UPflow tank-style water filters works great. Tank-style non-backwashing filters are inexpensive, easy to set up, and easy to maintain.
They use no electricity and need no drain connection. Since there's nothing to wear out, they're virtually trouble free. They use exactly the same granular filter media — regular granular activated carbon that are used in our more expensive whole house backwashing filters.
The main requirement for use of these whole house non-backwashing tank-style filters is clean water. If the objective is to remove chlorine from clean city water, a non-backwashing In/Out filter does an exceptional job. Unless the inlet water is very clean and free of rust and other sediment, we recommend that a cartridge-style sediment filter be installed in front of the filter tank.
The In/Out whole house carbon filters are efficient devices. They cost considerably less than their backwashing counterparts and require less maintenance. They save water — no backwashing — and they do not require electricity.
With In/Out units, water simply enters the tank, passes through the media bed, and flows out. There is no cleaning process. Non-backwashing tank filters are arranged so that the water being treated flows upward through the tank, entering at the bottom and exiting at the top. This reversed flow lifts the bed, keeps it fresh, and minimizes channeling. A special straining basket at the top of the tank prevents media loss.
Water Softener is an Ion Exchanger
Hard Water with a high calcium/magnesium content enters the softener through the "in" port indicated by the green arrow. It passes through the control valve and in to the tank where it goes from top to bottom through a specially prepared resin that "softens" it, the resin consists of specially manufactured beads that have been saturated with sodium ions. Softening occurs as the hardness minerals in the water attach themselves to the resin and are "exchanged" for sodium. The softened water then enters the long center tube called a riser, via the strainer basket at the bottom of the tank and passes upward through the riser. Then water exits the softener via the control valve (Blue Arrow) and is sent to the desired location.
When the resin becomes saturated by hardness minerals, the softener automatically goes into regeneration. The regeneration process is initiated by a time or a meter depending on the type of softener. By this process the hardness minerals are washed down the drain and resin bed is rinsed, re-settled and re-charged with sodium, it is now ready again to soften your water. The re-generation process is accomplished by passing very salty water from the brine tank through the resin. The brine tank must remain filled with softener salt at all times so that it can re-generate the softening resin.
Fleck 5600SXT digital metered softener
Features & Benefits:
- Simple to install - Simple to set – simple to operate
- Just one (1) internal moving part in the water stream
- Engineered with double backwash
- Utilizes compact turbine-electronic meter
- Solid-state computer control offers four modes of operation: (1) immediate meter regeneration, (2) delayed meter regeneration, (3) delayed time clock regeneration or (4) day of week regeneration.
- Built-in capacitor keeps memory up to 48 hours and programming will not be lost if power is lost
- Adjustable cycle times are available in programming section
- Display shows time of day and gallons of soft water remaining
- 5-year valve warranty/10-year tank warranty
- Premium high-efficiency softening resin
- 15” x 34” brine tank with salt grid and safety float system
- Bypass Valve 1"
· New 50 GPD gallons per day water treatment system
· Eliminates cyst, bacteria, virus
· Reduces lead, arsenic, mercury and other harmful contaminants
down 0.001 micron
· Use it for drinking water, to prepare water for your aquarium or for any other uses that needs really pure spot free water.
Ø 1st Stage: 1 micron sediment pre-filter, all polypropylene cartridge (prevent bacteria grow), with gradual filtration that enhances holding capacity over standard sediment cartridges
Ø 2nd Stage: High capacity Block Activated Carbon
Ø 3rd Stage: Brand Name 100 GPD membrane (CSM or LG Chem), filtration down 0.001 micron.
Ø 4th Stage: Post polishing carbon filter (final clean up)
Ø Metal 3.2 gallons' reservoir tank with ball valve (FDA and NSF approved)
Ø Electrical Booster Pump Standard will come in 110v. 220v available upon request.
Ø Wrench Open loose the filter housing and tighten it to close it.
Ø Long reach chrome metal faucet (long life without leaks)
Ø Quick fitting on faucet for easy installation with security clips to avoid any leak
Ø Shut off valve for water economy, the inlet flow will stop when the unit is not producing pure water
Ø Drain and diverter valves included
Ø Flow restrictor to balance the recovery ratio on the membrane
Ø Stainless steel check valve (to prevent backpressure that reduces water production)
Ø Color coded tubes
Ø Standard size filters, membrane and tubing
Ø Installation kit
Ø Installation and use guide