Whole-House Water Softener - 84 K Grains -
Water Softener is an Ion Exchanger
Hard Water with a high calcium/magnesium content enters the softener through the "in" indicated by the arrows on the valve. It passes through the control valve and in to tank where it goes from top to bottom through a specially prepared resin that "softens" it, the resin consists of specially manufactured beads that have been saturated with sodium ions. Softening occurs as the hardness minerals in the water attach themselves to the resin and are "exchanged" for sodium. The softened water then enters the long enter tube called a riser, via the strainer basket at the bottom of the tank and passes upwards through the riser. Then water exits the softener via the control valve "out" and is send to the desired location.
When the resin becomes saturated by hardness minerals, the softener automatically goes into regeneration. The regeneration process is initiated by a timer or a meter depending on the type of softener. By this process the hardness are washed down the drain and resin bed is rinsed, resettled and recharges with sodium, it is now ready to soften your water. The regeneration process is accomplished by passing very salty water from the brine tank through the resin. The brine tank must remain filled softener salt at all times so that it can re-generated the softening resin.
If your feed water is chlorinated a Carbon Pre Filter is recommended. Sediment Pre-Filter is also recommended. For good quality drinking/cooking water a reverse osmosis water filter system is recommended (under kitchen sink).
The Pentair® Fleck® 5800 Series of control valves sets a brand new standard for adaptability and innovative features. At the same time, they come from a company known for decades of expertise in the water industry, millions of units in service, and a tradition of rock solid reliability.There is no need to stock a variety of control valves for filter or softener applications with the Pentair® Fleck® 5800. Every single 5800 was engineered to adapt easily to a wide variety of residential water system configurations.This combination spells success for residential water conditioning dealers. It brings together the features homeowners prefer with the time-tested component designs professionals can trust for years of customer satisfaction.
- Stronger flow rates – 21 gallons/minute
- continuous, 27 GPM peak, 17 GPM backwash
- Faster setup time – 10,000 RPM fast-positioning motor with 12 volt DC drive
- Soft water refill – for better brine saturation and a cleaner brine tank
- Time of day backup – a built-in super capacitor maintains system data up to 12 hours after a home power outage
- Easy servicing – cartridge-based seal and spacer design for quick and easy replacement
- Optical technology – optical sensors control the backwash cycle for trustworthy, precise performance
- Clear backlit display – easy visibility for homeowners or service personnel… even in a dark basement
- Brine Tank Size: 16 x 35
- Fleck Bypass for 5800
- FRP Tank 13" x 54"
- 2.5 Cu Ft High Performance Ion Exchange Resin